Wednesday, January 05, 2011

good stuff from Mondoweiss

I have neglected my blog, which causes me to be angry with myself. I have all the time in the world....I remain captive in my own home....can't go out without using my wheelchair or walker....thought my boot would be off for good on Friday but found out today that's not going to happen. i'll have to gradually go without it....thought I'd be able to go upstairs, sleep in my own bed, take a shower, find my clothes....that's not happening yet either.

Today I started out-patient physical therapy and they have brought me to a screeching halt. They don't want me hurting myself by going too quickly,,,shedding my boot in one step...walking up stairs before I'm strong enough. The thought of falling down stairs hit a nerve...I'm going to down shift and follow their suggestions.

So what have I been doing? Reading Mondoweiss daily, which keeps me up to date on Israel/Palestine news. They currently have a series "Two Years Later" featuring Gazan writers telling their stories....living through Operation Cast Lead. Most are exceptional....dramatic, vivid and riveting. I've included links...one is written by a college student. The other is a video featuring a family telling their story. Both are terrific and paint a very true picture of what the people of Gaza endured for 23 days.
http://mondoweiss.net/2011/01/one-family-in-gaza.html
http://mondoweiss.net/2011/01/gaza-two-years-later-23-days-of-my-life.html

Will try writing little snippets....getting my blog and myself back inti action.

No comments:

Post a Comment