Saturday, October 09, 2010

Limping along

It's Sunday morning...October 3 I believe. I have been inside the hotel since Monday...only times out? Wednesday to go to the doctor's, have my foot x-rayed and an ugly orange cast put on my foot and lower leg. There is a break in the third toe continuing into the bone on top of the foot. I just can't use regular crutches....have no confidence. If I fall down stairs when I have two feet, how can I be expected to keep the leg with the cast bent ...no foot on floor. crutches in each arm pit. place crutches in front of me...not too far not too close and hop on right foot forward to crutches. You just have to be kidding! Actually that means I'm swinging on my crutches...all my weight....protecting my left foot.....thinking I'm going to fall on my face...obtain more cuts and brakes. Can't do it!

Next I'm given crutches you slip your arm through and grip "handles" with your hands. That's better but I continue to be scared to death of hopping. Back up on the examining. Apply more orange "plaster" to the toe and foot...."I hate to do this because the casts will be heavier but I can see you are going to walk on this!" I wanted to say...I told you so...but didn't. A very stupid; way too long; flimsy cross between a slipper and nothing is put over the cast. It is sticks out so far in the front that it flips and almost trips me. After a day and a half of trying to adjust to it, I leave it on the floor next to my bed. I am using an arm crutch on my left arm; keeping as much weight on my right foot and the left crutch as I comfobtatly  can.

sorry i forgot to post

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:31 AM

    See the article today on Mondoweiss, "Back To Gaza." That writer has just had a much easier time than you at the Egptian border. Why? Is it because he had a Christian Scientist Monitor person with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous-Citizen I wrote questions under comments for Jared...hope he'll answer. I think he got in under press regulations...

    ReplyDelete