Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Returning

It's difficult to understand why I have deserted my blog. The bottom line is that I miss writing; I need to write and write about my involvement with Palestine. Does anyone reads this blog? That's a good question. It's been without a post for so long those who kept up with it have probably given up. I'll try to improve and write on a more regular basis.

"A Child's View from Gaza" continues to travel around the US and Canada. For those of you who are new to this space, after returning from Gaza in 2009 I organized an exhibit of children's drawings from Gaza.The project involved finding children's center in Gaza to participate. From all reports, the children were excited to have their drawings travel to the US. They worked hard and did a wonderful job.

Getting the drawings to the US involved a plan A, plan B , plan C, finally plan D worked and they were sent to my home in Pennsylvania. I was overwhelmed viewing them. The children in Gaza told their stories of Operation Cast Lead using crayons, markers, chalk and other materials.....the drawings are amazing!

The drawings were matted and ready for circulation. The first showing was in the fall of 2010 when the exhibit traveled to Vermont .Since then exhibits have gone from coast to coast in the US and Canada.Friday I shipped one to Albuquerque. New Mexico where it will be displayed through the month of September.

Please if you're interested in hosting A Child's View from Gaza, email me at achildsview1@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Pierre9:40 PM

    There is a truly excellent review of that exhibit:

    http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/07/16/the-fake-child-artists-of-gaza/

    ReplyDelete